You are here
LABOVITZ SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Instructional Workload Protocols last updated November 28, 2011
A. Contact Hour Limits for SBE
Contact Hour (CH) Limits
In general, all courses offered by SBE will have CH equal to course credits.
CH for concurrent sections of a course are counted only once.
For shared courses, courses for which both or all faculty are present during instruction, the total CH shall not exceed the course credits by more than 50%.
Faculty Members chairing MBA Field Research Projects will be awarded 0.2 CH per Student Credit Hour (SCH) up to a maximum of 8 CH per AY for this effort. The CH will be assigned to the Member when the student registers for MBA 8994. The DGS/MBA Director will be responsible for allocating the total MBA 8994 CH to the appropriate faculty members.
1. Independent Study (recognized for effort not overload)
0.2 CH/SCH. A student working on a UROP project shall count for 0.34 CH over the official period of the project. Accrual of CH for independent studies shall be limited to 4 CH/semester.
Acct 3991 Independent Study
Econ 4991 Independent Study
FMIS 3291 Independent Study MIS
FMIS 3691 Independent Study Finance
HCM 4591 Independent Study
MgtS 3491 Independent Study
Mktg 3791 Independent Study
MBA 8991 Independent Study
2. Internships/Field Studies
0.13 CH/student up to a maximum of 8 CH/Member/AY.
- Acct 3701 Small Business Initiative in Accounting
- Acct 3705 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Acct 3796 Internship in Accounting
- Econ 4397 Half-time Internship
- Econ 4497 Full-time Internship
- FMIS 3397 LSBE Internship
- HCM 4597 Internship
- Mgts 3497 Organizational Management Internship
- Mgts 3897 Human Resources Internship
- MgtS 3997 Management of Community Projects
- Mkts 3797 Marketing Internship (just moved to list all courses in alph order)
NOTE: The following SBE courses with, e.g., "Seminar" or "Special Topics", in the title are offerings similar to traditional courses. Therefore CH assigned to instructors of these courses falls under the general structure of Contact Hours equal to the course credits.
- Acct 4059 Senior Seminar
- Acct 4795 Special Topics
- Econ 3595 Special Topics
- FMIS 3295 Special Topics
- FMIS 3695 Special Topics
- FMIS 4295 MIS Special Topics
- FMIS 4695 Special Topics
- HCM 4595 Special Topics
- Mgts 4495 Special Topics
- Mgts 4895 Special Topics
- Mktg 4795 Special Topics
- MBA 8995 Special Topics