How do I... Register for Classes?
Registration for the next semester can be a very stressful time. It is important to understand the degree requirements that you have remaining to graduate, connect with your academic advisor, review the class schedule, and verify that your record is clear for a successful registration.
Key Registration Links
Register for Classes: www.d.umn.edu/Register/
- Class Schedule online: Displays all course offerings for the current and immediately upcoming semesters
- Class Search: Offers additional search criteria/options for the course offerings of the current and immediately upcoming semesters
- When Can I Register: Find out when your registration time is
- Registration Queue Stages and Dates: Find out how your registration time was determined
- Check for Holds: Verify your academic record for any holds that may prevent registration
- Add or Change Classes: Register for classes when your queue time arrives; also use this page later to add/drop/swap classes
Registration Checklist: a step-by-step guide to registration
What to do if a class is closed: a step-by-step guide to steps you can take if a class is closed
What is Reserved Seating? When looking at course sections in the online schedule, you may notice that some have a red "Reserved Seating" notation, along with a statement such as "2 seats reserved for Continuing Education." This indicates that a designated number of seats in that section is being held for students of that particular population. A Waitlist may be opened for the general student populace when the only seats remaining in the course are those that are reserved for that special group (for example, if there are 2 seats open for the course but those 2 seats are reserved for those enrolling through Continuing Education). Reserved seats are typically released for the general student populace one week prior to the beginning of the semester.
Having problems with logging in to register? This site provides registration assistance tools.
Looking for a place to register? Here's a map of on-campus computers you can utilize as a student
Registration Tutorial: First Year Experience & Students in Transition created a tutorial that provides screenshots on the registration system
Additional Planning Tools