Need an Appointment?
Current UMD students may schedule an appointment with a disability specialist in person at 258 KSC or may call Mary Kaye at (218) 726-6130. We are not able to make appointments by e-mail.
- You will be asked to complete a Request for Accommodations form.
- Alternately, you may
complete your Request for Accommodations form on line.
Print it out, sign it, and bring it to DR when you come in.
- Provide a copy of your disability documentation
- If you
do not have your documentation, you will be asked to sign a release so we can send for it. Bring the name and address of the service provider who can
provide your documentation to your appointment.
How to Request Accommodations
After you have registered for classes:
- Complete the Request for Accommodations form
- Provide a copy of your documentation
- Meet with a Disability Specialist at the beginning of the semester. Bring your course schedule & syllabi to the appointment!
- Be ready to talk about how your disability impacts you, as well as your strengths and limitations
- You will work with your specialist to develop a plan that best fits your needs
Accommodation decisions are made on a case by case basis and consider the student’s strengths, limitations, and nature of the classes selected.
- Test Accommodations
- Reading Accommodations
- Note Taking
- Assistive Technology
Documentation is required for ongoing academic accommodations. For more information, check out Documentation Guidelines.