How to Use Test Accommodations
- Students meet with a Disability Specialist at the beginning of each term to create a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) and get Test Accommodation Forms.
- Print a copy of the LOA for each professor.
- Meet with each professor taking your LOA and Test Accommodation Form. Discuss your accommodations and have your professor sign your Test Accommodation Form. Do not leave your form with the instructor.
- Bring your completed Test Accommodation Form to Disability Resources (258 Kirby Student Center) at least three working days before the first exam in that class. Late requests for accommodated exams cannot be guaranteed.
- On test day, go directly to the Disability Resources office to take your exam.
- Note: If a professor and student make arrangements for accommodated testing in the department/classroom, it is not necessary for the student to return the Test Accommodations Form to Disability Resources.
Test Changes or Cancellations
- Students must make all changes at least one 1 working day before the exam is administered.
- Paper copies of the Test Change Request form are available at the Disability Resources office.
- Changes or cancellations can also be made online using the Test Change Request below.
- All students are expected to abide by the academic integrity section of UMD's conduct code which is total honesty and integrity.
- No cell phones, backpacks, watches, i-Pods, etc. will be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Rooms will be checked randomly.
Test Change Request
Please note the following:
- Requests must be submitted with at least 24 hours notice. Disability Resources is unable to provide accommodations for late requests.
- Instructor approval is required for all test changes made by the student. You must print this form and get it signed by your instructor for DR to act on your request.
- If your instructor announces an unscheduled exam, or changes the exam date or time, fill out and submit this form. No instructor approval is needed.
- Paper forms are available at the Disability Resources office.