This self-guided tour is designed to help guide you around the University of Minnesota Duluth Campus. It contains facts about the school as well as specific facts about each building and the departments located there. Each building is marked with a number; this number corresponds with the attached maps. Map A is a large scale map of the entire campus and includes the areas that are not connected to our concourse system. Map B provides a closer view of campus and includes our concourse routes to make navigation easier. The Blue Concourse connects buildings at ground level, the Maroon Concourse at the second level, and the Gold Concourse connects to Housing. Corresponding color-coded overhead signs will also direct you to specific campus locations.
Enjoy your visit!
UMD Office of Admissions
Start the Tour!
- Be sure to watch for Champ's paw print for unique or fun facts about the campus.
- 11,241 students
- 84% of undergraduate courses enroll 40 or fewer students
- 51% male, 49% female
- $19,742 per year for tuition and fees and room and board
- 589 faculty members, 73% have earned a terminal degree in their field and are nationally and internationally recognized scholars
- student to faculty ratio is 19:1
- 86 undergraduate majors
- 6 pre-professional preparations
- 13 baccalaureate degrees
- 13 masters degrees in 25 fields
- 2 doctoral programs
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- Three types of on-campus parking
- Resident parking (for students living on campus) - Purchased on a first-come, first-serve basis, $232/year.
- General Parking (for students who commute) - Maroon Permits are $195/year - White Permits are $120/year.
- Pay Lots are $3.00/car/day or $2.50 with U-card or Rideshare.
- Student Employment
- More than 1,000 part-time jobs on campus.
- Over 50 buildings
- 247 acres
- Brief History
- 1895 - Normal School was established (Teacher Training)
- 1921 - Became Duluth State Teachers College
- 1947 - Became a Coordinate Campus of the University of Minnesota