You are here
Honoring Excellence in Program Assessment
Congratulations to the 2018 Excellence in Program Assessment award recipients!
UMD Mission Statement: UMD integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.
UMD informs the quality of curricular and co-curricular programs through the assessment of student learning, which includes practices that promote continuous improvement. We are committed to educational achievement and improvement through ongoing assessment of student learning for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The video below provides a brief introduction of student learning assessment.
UMD Undergraduate Student Learning Goal Categories
- Knowledge - acquisition, construction, integration, application
- Thinking - cognitive complexity
- Self-realization - interpersonal development
- Relationships - interpersonal competence
- Social responsibility - civic engagement and humanitarianism
- Life skills - practical competence
UMD Graduate Student Learning Goal Categories
- Knowledge and scholarly formation
- Research and methodological skills relevant to the field
- Communication skills
- Leadership and collaborative skills
- Cultural competence and global context formation of the field