B.S., 1990, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ph.D., 2000, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Office: 319 LSci
Office Hours (Fall, 2012): Monday: 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Thursday: 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. or by appointment
Science Education, Plant Biology and Molecular Genetics
- Wuerzberger-Davis, D.M., Chen, Y., Yang, D.T., Kearns, J.D., Bates, P.W., et. al. (2011) Nuclear export of the NF-KB inhibitor IKBd is required for proper B cell and secondary lymphoid tissue formation. Immunity 34(2): 188-200.
- Bates, P.W. and Miyamoto, S. (2004) Expanded nuclear roles for IKBs. Science STKE 254: pe48.
- Gillian-Daniel, D.L., Bates, P.W., Tebon, A., and Attie, A.D. (2002) Endoplasmic reticulum localization of the low-density lipoprotein receptor mediates presecretory degradation of apolipoprotein B. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99: 4337-4342.
- Bates, P.W. and Vierstra, R.D. (1999) UPL1 and 2, two 405 kDa ubiquitin-protein ligases from Arabidopsis thaliana related to the HECT-domain protein family. Plant J. 20: 183-195.
- Jensen, J.P., Bates, P.W., Yang, M., Vierstra, R.D., and Weissman, A.M. (1995) Identification of a family of closely related human ubiquitin conjugating enzymes. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 30408-30414.
- Paerl, H.W., Fogel, M.L., Bates, P.W., et al. (1995) Is there a link between atmospheric nitrogen deposition and eutrophication in coastal water? In K. L. Dyer (ed.), Changes in Fluxes in Estuaries: Implications for Science and Management. Olsen and Olsen, Copenhagen. pp. 197-202.
- Biol 1001 Biology and Society
- Biol 1012 General Biology II
- Biol 2201 Genetics
- Biol 4604 Plant Physiology
- Biol 5001 Teaching and Learning in the Sciences
- Biol 5839 Coral Reef Field Studies
Hiking, camping, paddling, fishing, sailing, running, and woodworking.