Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
Included in the course offerings for biology majors and minors are special opportunities for research experience (BIOL 3994, UROPs, and directed research) and internships (BIOL 3996), as well as in-class participation as undergraduate teaching assistants (BIOL 3993). These opportunities are offered for junior or senior students and require approval of the academic advisor as well as prior arrangement with a sponsoring department faculty member. Students submit a formal request to the Biology Curriculum Committee, in order to register. These classes are controlled by an "override system" whereby a student must receive an override number from the Curriculum Committee via the departmental secretary. The Department of Biology faculty sponsor assigns a grade (S/N) for these courses.
- Biology Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology Program (BURST)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- BIOL 3990/WRIT 4195 - Duluth Journal of Undergraduate Biology
- BIOL 3993 - Laboratory Teaching Experience
- BIOL 3994 - Undergraduate Research
- BIOL 3996 - Internship in Biology