UMD Career Learning Outcomes
- Students will analyze and articulate their interests, skills, values, and strengths and relate them to educational and career plans.
- Students will identify, evaluate and use sources of information relevant to making career decisions.
- Students will develop and implement career plans which integrate self- assessment and occupational information and consider the ethical and global implications.
- Students will effectively present their qualifications to enhance their educational and career goals.
UMD Student Employee Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the Office: Employee will demonstrate knowledge of the office mission, vision, values, services, staff members, and career learning outcomes.
- Content Knowledge: Employee will demonstrate knowledge of content related to his/her position and apply the knowledge to completing the job tasks.
Cultural Diversity Knowledge
- Employee will demonstrate knowledge and awareness of privilege and differences as it relates to age, appearance, citizenship or national origin, employment classification, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or gender expression, language, marital or family status, race, religion, faith, or spirituality, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and visible or invisible disabilities.
- Interpersonal: Employee will communicate effectively to serve, facilitate, instruct, direct, assist, and solicit information with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, peers, co-workers, alumni). This includes developing rapport, empathy, and sensitivity; listening and asking questions, and persuading and influencing.
- Written: Employee will communicate accurately and effectively through writing. This includes using appropriate grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and word usage.
- Oral: Employee will present career-related information to groups or individuals accurately, persuasively, and effectively. This includes articulating information and ideas clearly one-on-one and in groups; both as a presenter and as a participant.
- Dependability: Employee will demonstrate the ability to arrive on time for scheduled shifts and communicate other arrangements as needed. This includes arriving prepared to work and communicating possible schedule changes.
- Demeanor: Employee will demonstrate a professional demeanor by treating customers and colleagues with respect and courtesy and completing assigned work.
- Appearance: Employee will dress appropriately for his/her work environment.
- Work Relationships: Employee will establish and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with colleagues. This includes demonstrating a positive attitude and appropriate manners; enlisting help; maintaining confidentiality; understanding boundaries; and being willing to learn.