You are here
UMD Career Learning Outcomes
- Students will analyze and articulate their interests, skills, values, and strengths and relate them to educational and career plans.
- Students will identify, evaluate and use sources of information relevant to making career decisions.
- Students will develop and implement career plans which integrate self-assessment and occupational information and consider the ethical and global implications.
- Students will effectively present their qualifications to enhance their educational and career goals.
UMD Student Employee Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the Office: Employee will demonstrate knowledge of the office mission, vision, values, services, staff members, and career learning outcomes.
- Content Knowledge: Employee will demonstrate knowledge of content related to his/her position and apply the knowledge to completing the job tasks.
- Interpersonal: Employee will communicate effectively to serve, facilitate, instruct, direct, assist, and solicit information with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, peers, co-workers, alumni). This includes developing rapport, empathy, and sensitivity; listening and asking questions, and persuading and influencing.
- Written: Employee will communicate accurately and effectively through writing. This includes using appropriate grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and word usage.
- Oral: Employee will present career-related information to groups or individuals accurately, persuasively, and effectively. This includes articulating information and ideas clearly one-on-one and in groups; both as a presenter and as a participant.
- Dependability: Employee will demonstrate the ability to arrive on time for scheduled shifts and communicate other arrangements as needed. This includes arriving prepared to work and communicating possible schedule changes.
- Demeanor: Employee will demonstrate a professional demeanor by treating customers and colleagues with respect and courtesy and completing assigned work.
- Appearance: Employee will dress appropriately for his/her work environment.
- Work Relationships: Employee will establish and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with colleagues. This includes applying knowledge of diversity; demonstrating a positive attitude and appropriate manners; enlisting help; maintaining confidentiality; understanding boundaries; and being willing to learn.