You are here
Graduate & Professional School Events
This page is updated throughout the semester.
Topics may include general information about applying for graduate or professional school, writing your personal statement, or specific fields such as nursing or pharmacy.
Preparing a Successful External Fellowship Application | April 30, 2019 | 1-2:15pm | Garden Room, Kirby Student Center 3rd Floor
- Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School, Scott Lanyon, will present a workshop for undergraduate seniors and graduate students on how to prepare a successful application to external fellowship sponsors. This focus is on applications for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program, but the content is applicable to other external fellowship applications.
- Space is limited to 50 participants and registration is required. Visit z.umn.edu/externalfellowshipapp to register. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.726.7523.
- Personal Statement Workshop (self-enroll, self-paced workshop on Moodle)
- Pre-Law Workshop
- Writing Effective Personal Statements
Individual programs may offer an information session where you can find out about the program, admission requirements and talk to a recruiter. Sessions may be held at UMD, at the sponsoring college, or online.
Check with the college or program you are interested in to see if they have admission visit days or preview events on their campus.
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Open House | June 15, 2019
- This event will include hands-on activities, information sessions, and an opportunity to connect with current students, faculty and staff in our dental hygiene (BSDH), dental therapy (BSDH/MDT), and dentistry (DDS) programs. The open house will be at Moos Tower (515 Delaware St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455) and will include separate events for students in high school and in college. An RSVP is required. Prospective students can RSVP online at z.umn.edu/SODopenhouse beginning in March 2019.
Graduate School Fairs feature multiple graduate schools and/or programs that come together at a single event. This is a great way to compare programs at several schools. More and more these are being held online.