You are here
Graduate & Professional School Events
This page is updated throughout the semester.
Topics may include general information about applying for graduate or professional school, writing your personal statement, or specific fields such as nursing or pharmacy.
Discover Dental School (DDS)
- Preparing to apply summer preparatory program for undergraduate students interested in the DDS program Monday, June 3 – Friday, June 7, 2019. Students will be selected to participate* in this week-long program that will provide training, resources, and experiences to strengthen the skills of attendees and assist them in creating a competitive application to dental school. *Preference given to rising sophomores and juniors as well as students who are underrepresented in dentistry, from a rural area, first-generation college students, lower socioeconomic status, and/or transfer students from a community college. Application required by Monday, April 8, 2019, 11:59pm: http://z.umn.edu/summerDDS
- Personal Statement Workshop (self-enroll, self-paced workshop on Moodle)
- Pre-Law Workshop
- Writing Effective Personal Statements
Individual programs may offer an information session where you can find out about the program, admission requirements and talk to a recruiter. Sessions may be held at UMD, at the sponsoring college, or online.
University of Minnesota Master of Nursing Info Session - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019; 12-1pm; RDC 301 (Split Rock Room); students are encouraged to register at z.umn.edu/MNRegister
Check with the college or program you are interested in to see if they have admission visit days or preview events on their campus.
University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy Preview Days - Pre-pharmacy students are encouraged to visit both campuses before applying. Register at z.umn.edu/cop-preview.
- Duluth Campus: April 13, 2019
- Twin Cities Campus: April 27, 2019
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry Open House | June 15, 2019
- This event will include hands-on activities, information sessions, and an opportunity to connect with current students, faculty and staff in our dental hygiene (BSDH), dental therapy (BSDH/MDT), and dentistry (DDS) programs. The open house will be at Moos Tower (515 Delaware St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455) and will include separate events for students in high school and in college. An RSVP is required. Prospective students can RSVP online at z.umn.edu/SODopenhouse beginning in March 2019.
Graduate School Fairs feature multiple graduate schools and/or programs that come together at a single event. This is a great way to compare programs at several schools. More and more these are being held online.