You are here
The following assessments may be taken in Career and Internship Services at any time. After completing an assessment, an appointment is scheduled with a counselor for interpretation of the results. The cost is $15 per assessment for students and alumni or $50 per assessment for non-students.
- Strong Interest Inventory® - compares your interests to the interests of people happily employed in a wide variety of occupations and identifies job titles related to your interests.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® - identifies your basic "personality type" which can be related to potential career choices and working environments.
- StrengthsQuest™ - identifies your strengths and relates them to your educational and career plans.
The following free assessments are available online.
- Interest Inventory - identifies your interest profile and related career categories you may enjoy.
- Personal Style Inventory - identifies your basic "personality type" which can be related to potential career choices and working environments. Similar to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®. You will need to log in with your U of M Internet ID to take this.
- Skills Inventory - a simple exercise to help you identify your basic skill and areas you would like to, or need to, improve.
- Transferable Skills Activity - identify your "soft skills" that can be used in any occupation.