UMD Continuing Education
Main navigation |
Guide to Independent Learning
- I am self disciplined and work well independently.
- I complete tasks and assignments on time, or ahead of schedule.
- I have good time management skills.
- I am successful in balancing priorities in my personal and professional life.
- I possess strong written communication skills.
- I am comfortable expressing myself using e-mail or web discussion forums.
- I do not necessarily require face-to-face interaction with the professor and/or other students to be successful.
- I can devote 6-8 hours per week to a 3-credit course.
- I have a computer and regular access to the Internet and e-mail.
- I am confident enough with computers to ask for assistance when needed.
- I am capable of downloading/installing software on my own with minimal assistance.
- I have a strong need to take a university course, either for a degree, for job or career advancement, or for other reasons that are very important to me.