UMD Continuing Education
Main navigation |
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Online Course I: “Navigating the Distinctive World of Autism Spectrum Disorders.”
- Identify and explain your current perspective and understanding of ASD.
- Review the historical and current statistics regarding ASD to become aware of the staggering prevalence of ASD, past and present.
- Develop a historical appreciation of the background of ASD.
- Attain fluency in the terminology used in the study of ASD.
- Explore existing and test multiple learning methods for a person with ASD.
- Discover and apply new learning methods.
Online Course II: “Addressing Behavioral Characteristics of Autism.”
- Understand the history and theories of autism spectrum disorders.
- Recognize the unique learning style of individuals diagnosed with ASD.
- Apply practical strategies which support individuals with ASD in a variety of settings
- (community, school, and home).
- Find outside resources which support individuals on the autism spectrum.