Cross Registration Students
UMD undergraduate students have the opportunity to register concurrently at the College of Scholastica and the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
Students registering and paying fees for at least 12 credits at UMD may register for a combined maximum of two courses per term at the College of St. Scholastica and at the University of Wisconsin-Superior. Additional UMD tuition charges for the cross-registered courses will be computed as if the courses had been taken at UMD.
Steps to Cross Register for UMD Students
- Print an Inter-institutional Cross Registration (IICR) form or pick up a form from the Continuing Education Office in 104 Darland Administration Building.
- Complete the form and go to your advisor for signature.
- Return form to the Continuing Education Office in 104 Darland Administration Building and have CE staff verify you are an admitted UMD student enrolled for 12 credits. CE staff will stamp your form.
- Take form to host institution (UWS or CSS). Your registration will be processed by the host institution and returned to CE at UMD.
- You will be billed through UMD Student Accounts Receivable for the credits taken at CSS or UWS.
- The course taken at CSS or UWS will be on your UMD transcript with a notation that the course was taken at CSS or UWS.
THE CROSS-REGISTRATION PROCESS IS NOT COMPLETE until you are enrolled in an "IICR" class at UMD.
- This is usually done within the first 2 - 3 weeks of the term.
- Please check your course registration to be sure that it includes this "IICR" class and that it reflects the correct number of credits taken.
- Please contact Continuing Education immediately with any problems. (email@example.com or 218.726.8113)
Steps to Drop a Cross Registration course (IICR)
- DO NOT DROP Your IICR-CROSS REGISTRATION CLASSES ONLINE.
- You must contact the UMD Continuing Education office in order to drop your cross registration course(s). Continuing Education will drop the IICR course and notify the host institution.
- Your IICR course is subject to the UMD Uniform Cancel/Add Refund Schedule.
- Failure to follow the correct drop procedure for cross registration courses could result in receiving an Incomplete or failing grade in a course. There may also be financial implications. If you do not drop in a timely manner you may have to petition/appeal on both campuses in order to be dropped from a cross registration class.
Important information for admitted UWS or CSS students wanting to take a course at UMD:
- Follow cross registration instructions provided by your host institution.
- Registration begins at the end of the registration queue along with other Continuing Education students.
- Continuing Education Registration staff will begin holding registrations one month prior to the queue time and process the registrations in the order received.
- You are responsible for any associated course fees and must pay those outstanding fees before UMD will post your grades. Once you have initiated your UMD student email account (see instructions below) you can view your student account to check your account balance and payment due dates. Course fees include but are not limited to: music course fees, computer access fees, bookstore charges and recreation equipment fees.
- To Drop a Cross Registration class: DO NOT DROP CROSS REGISTRATION COURSES ONLINE. You must contact the registrar's office of your home institution in order to drop your cross registration course(s). Failure to follow the correct drop procedure for cross registration courses could result in receiving an Incomplete or a failing grade in a class. If you do not drop in a timely manner you may have to petition/appeal on both campuses in order to be dropped from a cross registration class.
- UMD email is the official means of communication at UMD. Accessing your UMD email is imperative to obtain billing information. First time users must ACTIVATE THEIR UMD EMAIL / INTERNET ACCOUNT. Instructions are found on the Student Self-Service page under Services You May Need. If you have problems initiating your account, please call the UMD ITSS Help Desk at 218.726.8847.
- Continuing Education
University of Minnesota Duluth
10 University Dr, 104 DAdB, Duluth, MN 55811
- College of St. Scholastica Registrar
1200 Kenwood Ave, Duluth, MN 55811
- University of Wisconsin Superior Registrar
PO Box 2000,
Superior, WI 54880