Academic Affairs Council
October 24, 2006
Present: Julia Williams, Bob Lloyd, Lynette Carlson, Jackie Millslagle.
Excused: Bill Gear
1. October 17 minutes approved as posted.
2. OjEd 4600, Student Teaching, 12 credits, was approved (with commendation on quality of the proposal).
3. OjEd 4610, Professional Issues, 2 credits, was approved.
4. The program proposal for a B.A.S. with major in Ojibwe Elementary/Middle School Education was approved in concept with final approval pending revisions to be distributed electronically.
5. Psy 3990, Special Topics: Human Memory: Methods, Models, and Disorders, 3 crdits, was approved.
6. PE 3495, Special Topics in Physical Education, 1-4 credits, was approved.
7. Discussion of a draft form prepared by Lynnette. Council agreed it would be helpful for Council members to use to evaluate curriculm proposals, and will be especially helpful for new members appointed in coming years. It will be linked on the curriculum pages so it is accessible to members.
Meeting adjourned at 10:50 a.m.
Next meeting is November 7, 10:00 a.m.
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder