Academic Affairs Council
4:00 p.m., February 12, 2003
Present: Kent Brorson, Ken Gilbertson (chair), Dan Glisczinski, Bob Lloyd (for Randy Gordon), Jackie Millslagle (ex officio).
The following curriculum items were discussed. Members had questions/concerns with possible overlapping content. These items were tabled and the faculty sponsor will be invited to the next meeting.
- CC #108 - Add SpEd 4250, Foundations of Autism Spectrum Disorders, 4 cr.
- CC #109 - Add SpEd 4260, Language and social Skkills for Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders, 4 cr.
- CC #110 - Add SpEd 4270, Methods for Teaching Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders, 4 cr.
Motion, second to approve the following courses with the addition of appropriate prerequisite text so that the course could not be repeated at both levels. Motion carried.
- CC #111 - Add SpEd 4351, Learning Disabilities Characteristics and Interventions, 4 cr.
- CC #112 - Add SpEd 4382, Advanced Theory and Practice in Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, 4 cr.
- CC #113 - Add SpEd 4452, Academic Interventions for Students with Disabilities, 4 cr.
- CC #114 - Add SpEd 4455, Transition Planning for Adolescents with Disabilities, 4 cr.
- CC #115 - Add SpEd 4600, Student Teaching, 4 cr.
Motion and second to approve the following. Motion carried.
- CC #123 - program changes to the Elementary Education program as a result of course changes as per CC 124, 125, 126 and 127 which follow. The program increases by 1 credit. Additional information on resource implications will be needed before recommendations leave CEHSP.
- CC #124 - ElEd 3113, Learning Environments and Diverse Learning Communities, change from 4 to 3 cr.
- CC #125 - Add ElEd 3381, Teaching American Indian Students in the Elementary Classroom, 2 cr.
- CC #126 - ElEd 4345, Instructional Strategies, Assessment, and Management, change from 4 to 3 cr.
- CC #127 - Add SpEd 3310, Introduction to Special Education for Elementary Education, 1 cr.
Minor change to the Incomplete Grade Policy (Word document) was noted and copy circulated. Change is in tracking of compliance as impacted by implementation of on-line grade reporting. The policy is ready for implementation.
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder