Academic Affairs Council
April 23, 2009
Present: Bill Gear, Lynette Carlson, Jackie Millslagle
Excused: Faye Maas, Julia Williams (both had sent comments regarding proposals)
The following new courses were approved pending suggestions. On all proposals, clarify field placement in all proposals; use measurable terms in objectives; make sure topics are included in all proposals; verify whether Graduate School credit is being sought.
- OjEd 4310, American Indians and Special Education, 2 cr.
- OjEd 4320, Assessment of American Indian Learners, 4 cr.
- OjEd 4330, Working with American Indian Families & Community , 4 cr.
- OjEd 4340, Manifestation of Multi-generational Trauma & Internalized Oppression, 4 cr. Clarify the product of #3 assessment method? .
- OjEd 4350, Indigenous Learners, 4 cr. The title does not reflect special education; too global.
- OjEd 4360, Indigenous Methods of Instruction: Practical Application , 4 cr.
Lynnette gave a brief report on the CSD department discussion about catalog wording of "Approved electives, 0-8 cr" in the CSD major. After evaluation, the reasons why it was written no longer exist. Language in the catalog will be changed to "recommended or suggested" electives.
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder