Academic Affairs Council
November 23, 2004
Present: Randy Gordon, Dan Glisczinski, Ken Gilbertson, Jackie Millslagle. Absent: Cindy Spillers
Motion to approve CC #57 to change course prefix to EnEd (Environmental Education) on the following courses. Second/CARRIED. (NOTE: Educ 5850 and 5560 were withdrawn from the list subsequent to the meeting.)
- Educ 4163, Outdoor Education Methods (3)
- Educ 4601, Wilderness Philosophy (2)
- Educ 5164, EE In-Service Training (.5-10)
- Educ 5165, Theories and Models in OE (2)
- Educ 5167, Research & Issues in OE (2)
- Educ 5236, EE for Teachers (2)
- Educ 5555, EE for Practicing Educators (2)
- Rec 3331, Org of En Ed Centers (2)
- Rec 4315, Rec Management (3)
- Rec 4998, Recreation Seminar (1-3)
- EnEd 4343, Advanced Field Interp (3)
[The Council approved CC #59 changing EnEd 4163 to 4163/5163 (double numbering the course for grad/undergrad); however, on further clarification, the department must submit a new course proposal for the graduate level, which will be submitted to Graduate Program Council.]
Motion to approve CC #60 and 61. Second/CARRIED.
- Change EnEd 4998, Seminar (1-3 cr), to EnEd 5998.
- Change EnEd 4343, Adv Field Interpretive Techniques (3 cr) to EnEd 5343.
Motion to approve CC #62, a re-vamping of the Recreation--Outdoor Education program, resulting in a 1 credit reduction overall. Second/CARRIED pending submission of a course change proposal for EnEd 4315 (increasing credit).
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder