Academic Affairs Council
March 25, 2009
Present: Georgia Keeney, Lynette Carlson, Julie Williams, Faye Maas, Bruce Munson (ex-officio & recorder)
Minutes for 12/15/08 and 3/11/09 were approved
- ESAT 2610 – Unanimous decision to return the course to the department for clarification. One credit is being added to the course and information is needed about: the amount of lab time required; changes in content for the course; changes in assessment of the course; parenthetical information required.
- Educ 3340 – Returned to the department for revision. Clarifications and revisions needed include: changes to parenthetical information; phrasing of objectives in measurable terms; need to specify methods of evaluation; concern about the prerequisites if this course is offered as a split course (5xxx) offered to graduate students and undergraduate students.
Committee discussion on campus/college course proposal forms. It was noted the following would be desirable:
- Revision dates on all forms so that preparers would know they are using the most recent forms.
- Providing more consistency in many components of the forms.
- Clarification on parenthetical information needed.
- The ability to compare change of course proposals to original course proposals.
- Assessment component linked to institutional outcomes.
Jackie Millslagle & Linda Rolfe will be invited to the 4/29/09 committee meeting to discuss the course proposal forms.
Lynette asked the committee be updated on the results of last year’s discussion on internship credits.