Students must complete the Exceptions to APAS form (FORMS Library) and attach relevant documentation such as course descriptions and/or syllabi. Forms with completed signatures are submitted to CEHSP Student Affairs for any student housed in this unit.
In addition to the advisor signature, the following department approval signatures are required:
- In liberal education, the Department Head of the discipline in which the substitution/waiver is being requested.
- In all licensure programs, including physical education and health education, the Associate Department Head of Education.
- In psychology , the Department Head of Psychology.
- In communication sciences, the Department Head of CSD.
- In community health education, recreation, exercise science, and in the subject area content of physical education and school health, the Department Head of HPER.
Requests for exceptions in liberal education will be sent to the Associate Registrar for review and recommendation, and then to Academic Affairs for approval and processing.
Requests for exceptions in majors and minors will be processed in CEHSP Student Affairs.