Graduate Program Council
March 1, 2011
Present: Lynn Bye, Ken Gilbertson, Bruce Munson (ex officio)
Absent: Faith Loven (comments and vote provided by email), Kim Riordan, Bob Lloyd
- EnEd 5100 – Research Design and Methods in the Social Sciences
- Rationale provided by Ken: Currently no face-to-face option for graduate students in EE. It would be desirable to have interaction of disciplines, but there has not been a option that could be scheduled to serve the EE majors. Psychology has a 3xxx course that is offered. SW has a research 1 and a research 2 course depending on the background of the incoming students. The SW research 1 course could be available for EE students. There was a question about whether there would be sufficient numbers to offer the course. Ken responded that it might have to be offered on alternate years, but it is desired for 2011-2012.
- EnEd 5855 – Programming for School Systems
- Rationale provided by Ken: This course was designed, developed and delivered as a 3 credit course, but had initially been approved as a 2 credit course. This proposal is a course change. It was asked if this should be a variable credit course (2-3 credits). HPER would not recommend that option.
- Discussion of recommended committee members for M.Ed. in EE committees.
- Jennifer Niemi – approved
- Nadine Meyer – approved
- Sherry Boyce – approved
- Approval of committee members – recommendation is that the program keeps the resumes/cvs on file.
- Discussion of recommended new graduate program requirement for thesis credits to be a 10 credit option.
- Question was raised about adding alcohol and drug treatment certificate to the SW program. The curriculum changes and/or proposals and the program should come through GPC.