Waiting List Policy
UMD Children’s Place maintains a lengthy computerized waiting list. The date of application, preferred start date, age of the child, and UMD affiliation determine a child’s position on the waiting list. As openings at Children’s Place occur, enrollment of a child in any one of our three age groups is determined by these criteria in the following priority order:
- Internal movement-moving a child from a younger group to an older group on the basis of the child’s age, individual readiness, and available opening.
- Child of a full time UMD Children’s Place staff member.
- Child currently enrolled at Children’s Place on a part time schedule returning to a full time schedule or vice versa.
- Sibling of a child currently enrolled.
- Child on the waiting list from the UMD community.
- Child on the waiting list