Master of Special Education Admission
The M.Sp.Ed. is a summer-only cohort program. Students interested in joining the 2008 cohort should email the program coordinator, Trudie Hughes.
Minimum criteria for admission:
- Bachelors Degree
- 2.8 undergraduate GPA (exceptions may be granted) or current teaching license
- Students whose first language is not English must submit a TOEFL score ofat least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, or 79 on the Internet-based (minimum scores of 21 in writing and 19 in reading). Information on the TOEFL can be found at http://www.ets.org/toefl.
Submit the following as part of the application:
- Application Form (Word Document)
- $31 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from the institution granting the bachelor´s degree. OFFICIAL means they must be sent DIRECTLY to the Collegiate Graduate Program Office from the undergraduate institution. (see address above)
- Three letters of recommendation - addressed to the Collegiate Graduate Programs Committee (see address above)
- 1 - 2 page paper describing your professional goals and the importance of reflection in educational practice.
Email Karen Mehle with specific questions about the admission process.