- Firefox 31 (Mac and Windows)
- Safari 7 (Mac and Windows)
- Internet Explorer 11 (Windows)
- Chrome 36 (Mac and Windows)
- QuickTime Player (Mac and Windows)
- VLC Media PLayer (Mac and Windows)
- Windows Media Player ( Windows)
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Many of UMD's Web services (electronic library databases) require you to be connected to the UMD network. We strongly recommend you use a VPN client when connecting from off campus. VPN lets you make a secure connection to a University computer from an off-campus, non-UMD connection (for example, via cable or DSL modem).
When you use UMD's VPN service, it makes your computer appear as though it is directly attached to the UMD network, and provides the same security and access to restricted resources that you have while on campus.