You are here
CETL Coffee Klatch
Join us for coffee and conversation about teaching in Kirby Plaza (KPlz) 268 on Wednesday mornings from 8:30-10:00.
Join us for coffee and conversation about our teaching and the challenges we’re facing this semester. Every other Wednesday morning starting September 26th and running through the end of the semester, join us in Kirby Plaza 175 from 8:30-10:00 am for the CETL Coffee Klatch. This biweekly event is an opportunity for all who teach at UMD to gather and talk about their teaching.
The topics for each session (focused around a 20-Minute Mentor video) are listed below, but feel free to bring your own questions, ideas and suggestions to share. Coffee and tea, along with light breakfast fare, will be provided. If you haven't had a chance to watch the 20-Minute Mentor video, we will view it as a group between 8:30am and 9:00am, followed by conversation. Feel free to stop by for 15-20 minutes, or stay for the whole discussion.
Topics for the semester
- Sep 26th -- How can I transform my tests into learning tools?
- Oct 10th -- How will open educational resources (OER) benefit the 21st century student?
- Oct 24th -- How can course design help prevent online cheating?
- Nov 7 -- Beyond syllabus policies: What strategies help students take responsibility for learning?
- Nov 21 -- How can backward design make my courses more accessible?
- Dec 5 -- How can I plan (or revise) my courses more efficiently?