Meeting 9 Agenda
May 15, 2013
- Student Evaluations
- UCT Reports
- Campus Climate Initiative 2013-14
The draft memo from the CCT to the Leadership Team on Student Evaluations was discussed and approved with no changes.
Several CCT representatives gave brief oral reports on their end-of-year reports. Some common issues emerged:
- The need for mentoring for students, “on-boarding” for new employees, and more interactions between faculty and staff.
- Strengthening and publicizing the web incident reporting system.
- The need for a more defined UCT structure as well as communication within the unit. Each structure should respond to the unit’s culture.
- Supporting curricular initiatives
The CCT members also brainstormed ideas for 2013-14:
- Broaden UCT membership to include all departments and student/staff/community members.
- Consider forming ad hoc committees focused on issues that involve several UCTs.
- Strengthen communication between the UCTs, CCT and LT so all are informed. Web meeting summaries help, but another idea is to invite UCT members to attend CCT meetings.
- An all change team member event in the fall would generate energy and collaborations.
- UCT members need to work together to build community. For example, the SJAC (CEHSP) members completed Strength Quest and also the IDI. The Student Life UCT also completed the IDI.
- Some UCTs generate a lot of ideas but are short of people to implement them.
Susana and Bilin will identify common issues, strengths, and challenges reported by the UCTs. They will also post each report on the Campus Climate website.