September 9, 10 and 11, 2013
Fall 2013 was kicked off with a training by Kathy Obear from Alliance for Change Consulting (drkathyobear.com).
On Sept. 9-10 CCT representatives and UCT co-chairs were invited to participate in a 2 day training along with UMD Administration. The 2 day agenda focused on education and awareness coupled with leadership development, evaluation of and strategic planning for action steps that we will use to move closer to our common campus vision of inclusiveness. This included:
- Day 1 morning: Created learning community through activities exploring the multiple groups on campus.
- Day 1 afternoon: We revisited the MCOD model and began to discuss, "How are we doing?" given Goal 2 of the Strategic Plan and related goals.
- Day 2 morning: Shared examples of "How far we have come" ~ progress/changes in policies, programs, services, practices, procedures that align with Goal 2.
- Day 2 afternoon: Focused on "How far we still need to go" ~ reviewed key assessment data; use a few different group formations to generate and begin to plan next steps.
On September 11, ALL UCT members from the 18 Unit Change Teams were part of a half day working session with Dr. Obear. In this working session we:
- Shared the progress and strategic activities of each unit with other groups.
- Learned about the promising practices implemented in other units.
- Generated ideas and next steps for fall and spring activities to reinvigorate and advance UCT efforts to infuse inclusion and equity throughout the policies, practices and services of each unit.