1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Review guiding principles
3. Approved summary notes from September, October, November, and December
4. Unit Change Team Updates
5. Campus Climate Leadership Team Updates
6. Office of Equity Diversity Certificate Update
7. UCT Grants still available
8. White Privileged Conference, March 26-29, 2014
9. Internationalization Leadership Team Update, please visithttp://www.d.umn.edu/vcaa/intz/
Unit Change Teams gave updates and information sharing including:
- GLBTQA Commission – Super Gay Cabaret coming up February 27th and 28th at 7:30 pm in MPAC. They have also created a new faith/spirituality subcommittee.
- Student Leaders – Diversity Fair coming up February 25th (during Diversity Summit). 11-3 pm 1st and 2nd floor Kirby
- SFA – completed self-study in equity and diversity. Ragamala Dance Festival February 25th during summit and February 26th at 7:30. Both in MPAC, both free. Working on possible Africa Day performance with BSA, April 12th.
- CEHSP – Middle School visit day on February 7th went well. Collaborated with CLA and Duluth Upward Bound.
- LSBE – Passport Program still going to promote diversity, but still have trouble informing all their students about events and activities. They had training for faculty on how to make group work a more positive experience with emphasis on gender and marginalized groups.
The System-wide Equity and Diversity Certificate Trainings will be offered at UMD on April 4th, May 20th, and June 6th. This is part of an effort to build internal capacity at UMD for providing this certificate program for staff and faculty.
Currently 3 people have applied for and been granted funding from CCT for the White Privilege Conference in Madison this spring. Each participant is granted a $300.00 stipend to help off set program costs.