University of Minnesota Duluth
MyU | Search | People | Departments | Events | News
Swenson College of Science and Engineering
ChE HomeStudent Resources Upper Division Application
Apply for Admission to the Upper Division Program of Chemical Engineering

Students must complete the program’s lower division before applying to upper division (junior and senior years).  Admission is determined by the cumulative GPA in composition, physics, mathematics, and chemistry through CHEM 2541. Successful completion of ChE 2111 (with a grade of C+ or better) required for admission to upper division. A 2.5 minimum GPA in all work is required. Students must apply for upper division by filling out the "Application for Admission to the Upper Division" below (or download a PDF here).

This form is submitted to the ChE office. The Department Head along with Department Faculty decide on acceptance. A letter is sent to the student notifying them of acceptance or not.

Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial

Email address


Catalog year you are working from

Student I.D. Number (mandatory)

Minors (student reports these to SCSESA)

Mailing Address:

Permanent Home Address:

Please check off the courses you have completed. These are required to receive upper division status.

ChE 1011 Intro to Chemical Engineering
ChE 2111 Material & Energy Balances
ChE 2121 Thermodynamics
ChE 3031 Computational Methods
COMP 1120 College Writing
CS 1121 Visual Basic Programming
PHYS 2011 General Physics I
PHYS 2012 General Physics II
MATH 1296 Calculus I
MATH 1297 Calculus II
MATH 3280 Differential Equations
CHEM 1153 General Chemistry I
CHEM 1154 General Chemistry Lab I
CHEM 1155 General Chemistry II
CHEM 1156 General Chemistry Lab II
CHEM 2541 Organic Chemistry I
CHEM 2543 Organic Chemistry I Lab

© 2016 University of Minnesota Duluth
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on 07/09/13 12:39 PM
University of Minnesota Campuses
Crookston | Duluth | Morris
Rochester | Twin Cities | Other Locations