The Chemical Engineering Experience at UMD is Based On a Modern, Practical Curriculum
- Chemical engineering design: unit operations, reaction engineering, separations, process control & simulation, engineering economics, hands-on laboratories, product and plant design.
- Modern Applications: biochemical engineering, bioseparations, air pollution control, transport phenomena, ChE analysis, biomedical engineering, mining and metallury.
- Engineering fundamentals: mechanics, computational methods, computer science, materials science, particle technology, thermodynamics, and transport phenomena.
- Fundamental sciences: physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and statistics.
- University of Minnesota Duluth liberal education program.
- Opportunities for research with faculty; internships and COOP work experience in industry.
- Student chapters of various student organizations.
- UMD is a link in the Order of the Engineer.