The Civil Engineering Department will hold its first career fair on January 25, 2012 from 8:30-12:00.
- There will be an information session held on January 24 at 5:30 in the Civil Engineering classrooms. Employers will give a general overview of their companies.
- The career fair will be held in the High Bay Lab. This will give students a chance to meet for that afternoon company representatives and pursue employment opportunities.
- Some companies may request interviews. Interview times will vary, but in general they will be held from 1:00-4:00.
- Prepare resumes. If you have any questions about resumes, feel free to bring them to Career Services, at 22 Solon Campus Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will review and give feedback on your resume. For more information about this service, visit the UMD Career Service Webpage.
- If you are not a senior, it is still recommended that you attend the career fair. This gives you a chance to get your name out there and meet with representatives from local firms. Internships and scholarships may be available, and this is a great way to explore options.
Company registration form for the career fair can found be below. The form can be emailed or mailed to Jill Bergman. The information is found in the form.
Career Registration Form for Employers