CCRR Guidelines for Faculty Grants:
1) Proposed research must involve issues of public policy, broadly defined, that include interaction with community groups, agencies or organizations.
A letter of cooperation from partnering organization(s) must accompany the proposal.
2) Research projects that have strong potential to result in research publications in academic journals are encouraged.
3) Proposed research must be conducted in cooperation with a community group, agency or organization in the Duluth region.
4) A UMD faculty member must supervise the project.
5) Proposed research must include student researchers. The goal is to provide hands-on, practical experience to UMD students, therefore extending the classroom beyond the walls of UMD.
6) Typical amounts of funding have ranged from $2000 to $6500, but other amounts can be considered. Proposals for projects that include matching monies (excluding in-kind matches) from organizations are strongly encouraged, but matching monies are not a requirement. Awards generally cover salary for research assistants, small stipends or travel monies for faculty, and necessary supplies not covered by the University.
7) Proposals must be submitted to the director as WORD files attached to an email.
8) At the close of a research project, a final report (in the form of a WORD or PDF file) must be submitted to the center director. This file will become part CCRR’s online report library.