- 9,000-Year-Old Beer Re-Created From Chinese Recipe -- nationalgeographic.com (18 July 2005)
- The American Brew -- PBS [DVD video]
- Ancient brew discovered in China -- BBCNews (08 December 2004)
- Ancient Brew Masters Tapped Antibiotic Secrets -- ScienceDaily (02 September 2010)
- "Antibiotic" Beer Gave Ancient Africans Health Buzz -- nationalgeographic.com (16 May 2005)
- Ancient Nubians Drank Antibiotic-Laced Beer -- Discovery News (03 September 2010)
- Arnold, John P. Origin And History of Beer And Brewing From Prehistoric Times to the Beginning of Brewing Science And Technology. Alumni Assn. of the Wahl-Henius Institute, 1911. Reprint Edition, BeerBooks.com, 2005.
- Barley, Beer, and Biotechnology: Field trials with GM barley underway in Germany -- GMO Compass
- Beer Brewing Paralleled the Rise of Civilization -- nationalgeographic.com (24 April 2001)
- Beer Lubricated the Rise of Civilization, Study Suggests -- LiveScience (05 November 2010)
- Belgian Beer
- Brewery Was Burned After Ancient Peru Drinking Ritual -- nationalgeographic.com (16 November 2005)
- Chocolate Origins Traced to Beer Makers 3,000 Years Ago -- nationalgeographic.com (12 November 2007)
- Beer -- Tracy V. Wilson, How Stuff Works, Discovery Channel
- Beer Brewing Paralleled the Rise of Civilization --
Kurt Stoppkotte, National Geographic News
(24 April 2001)
- Bronze Age burial 'with beer mug' -- BBCNews (17 March 2008)
- Collins, Tony. Mud, Sweat and Beers: A Cultural History of Sport and Alcohol. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2002.
- Dig seeks William Shakespeare's Shards for Ale in his Stratford Back Garden -- Guardian (05 April 2010)
- Eight ancient drinks uncorked by science -- msnbc (15 December 2009)
- Gastineau, Clifford, ed. Fermented food beverages in nutrition. Elsevier, 2013.
- History of brewing museum set to open in Burton -- BBClocal (30 December 2009)
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Beverages - Coffee, Fruit, Soda Pop, Beer, Ale, Cocktails, Wine
- Pollan, Michael. Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation. NY: Penguin, 2013.
- Penn archaeologist recreates ancient brews -- Philadelphia Inquirer (13 October 2009)
- The Reflection of Technology in Brewing -- Meg Morrissey, The University of Michigan Special Collections Library
- Schiefenhövel, Wulf and Helen Macbeth (Eds.) Liquid Bread: Beer and Brewing in Cross-Cultural Perspective. NY: Berghan, 2011.
- Smith, Gavin, D. Beer: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2014.
- Standing, Tom. A History of the World in 6 Glasses. NY: Walker, 2005.
- Stewart, Amy. The Drunken Botanist: The Plants that Creat the World's Great Drinks. Algonquin, 2013.
- "A Swedish Beer-Milk Shake," Ch. 10 of Bringéus, Nils-Arvid. Man, Food and Milieu: A Swedish Approach to Food Ethnology. Tuckwell, 2001. [Bringéus, Nils-Arvid. “A Swedish beer milk shake.”Milk and Milk Products from Medieval to Modern Times. ed. Patricia Lysaght, pp. 140-150. Precedings of the Ninth International Conference on Ethnological Food Research. Edinburgh: Conongate Academic, 1994.]
- TAPS The Beer Magazine