- A Brief History of Buffalo Wings -- Claire Suddath, Time US (03 September 2009)
- All Chickens Descend from South East Asia -- Anneli K. Brisbane, The Telegraph (27 July 2012)
- [video] American Meat
(85 min., 2011, UM Duluth Library Multimedia BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
(UM Duluth Library Multimedia Guide BJ52.5 .A44 2011 DVD)
- Araucana (chicken) [not to be confused with the Ameraucana and Easter Egger chickens]
- Belgium offers chickens to waste-cutting households -- BBC News (26 February 2010)
- Buff Orpington (chicken) -- Wikipedia
- Cheep Chic: Suburban Chickens -- Parade (14 November 2010)
- Davis, Karen. Prisoned Chickens Poisoned Eggs: An Inside Look at the Modern Poultry Industry, Rev. Ed. Emmaus, PA: Rodale, 2007.
- French village Pince to hand out chickens to cut waste -- BBCNews (28 March 2012)
[cf., Belgium offers chickens to waste-cutting households -- BBC News (26 February 2010)]
- Hamilton, Jennifer A. "Year of the Chicken." Science as Culture 23, no. 1 (2014): 124-128.
- Henderson's Chicken Breed Chart -- John R. Henderson
- Home Processing of Poultry -- University of Minnesota Extension
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Dairy, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Cereals, Fruit, Vegetalbes, Herbs etc.
- Meet the Animals: Chickens -- Farm Sanctuary
- Raising Chickens -- Self Sufficient Life
- Somerset knitters make jumpers for bald chickens -- BBC News (25 February 2010)
- 'The Ladies' of Bloomington are no longer welcome -- Mary Jane Smetanka, Star-Tribune (17 March 2010)
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- United Poultry Concerns
- USDA Economic Research Service
- Visser, Margaret. Much Depends on Dinner: The Extraordinary History and Mythology, Allure and Obsessions, Perils and Taboos of an Ordinary Meal. NY: Grove, 2010 .