- Belasco, Warren. Meals to Come: A History of the Future of Food. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006.
- The Center for Genomic Gastronomy ["The Center for Genomic Gastronomy Is an artist-led think tank that examines the biotechnologies and biodiversity of human food systems"]
- Fox, Robin. "Food and Eating: An Anthropological Perspective," Oxford, UK: Social Issues Research Center, pp. 1-22.
- Gardner, Brian. Global Food Futures: Feeding the World in 2050. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2013.
- Goodman, Mike, Lewis Holloway, Moya Kneafsey, and Damian Maye. Geographies of food: An Introduction. Bloomsbury/Berg, 2014.
- Hauter, Wenonah. Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America. NY: New Press, 2012.
- Nestle, Marion. Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition, Revised and Expanded Edition. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2013.
- Mann, Charles. “Our Good Earth: The Future Rests on Soil.” National Geographic., September, 2008.
- Menzel, Peter and Faith D'Aluisio. Man Eating Bugs: The Art and Science of Eating Insect. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press, 2003.
- Nestle, Marion. Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2010.
- Newman, Kara. The Secret Financial Life of Food: From Commodities Markets to Supermarkets. Columbia University Press, 2012.
- Pollan, Michael. "The Food Issue--An Open Letter to the Next Farmer in Chief." The New York Times Magazine. 9 October 2008.
Michael Pollan. Bill Moyer's Journal. PBS (28 November 2008). (Watch Video; Read Transcrip) -- Few people reflect and report more astutely on the state of American food production and consumption than Michael Pollan. Beginning with his fascination in plant cultivation, THE BOTANY OF DESIRE, Pollan has become a mixture of reporter and prophet, documenting the state of American food and warning of the consequences if we don't change our ways.
- Wilson, Bee. “The Last Bite: Is the World’s Food System Collapsing?” The New Yorker, May 19, 2008.