- Aggarwal, Bharat B. and Debora Yost. Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease .Stirling, 2011.
- All About Onions -- The National Onion Association
- Dry Onions & Shallots -- Cook's Thesaurus
- Egyptian Walking Onion
- Hill, Tony. The Contemporary Encyclopedia of Herbs and Spices: Seasons for the Global Kitchen. NY: Wiley, 2004.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2004.
- Norman, Jill. Herbs and Spices: The Cooks Reference. NY: DK Publishing, 2007.
- Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Onions, raw -- NutritionData
- Onion -- BBC Good Food
- onion -- Encyclopedia, Food Network
- Onion -- Kitchen Dictionary, Food.com
- Onions -- Cornell University
- Onions -- Pet Poison Helpline
- Onions & Garlic -- The Food Timeline
- Onions: Health Benefits, Health Risks & Nutrition Facts -- LiveScience (16 October 2014)
- Onions - The World's Healthiest Foods
- The Onion -- America's Finest News Source
- Spices: Time Line -- Vigyan Prasar (VP)
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- "Variation in sensation and affect: We live in 'different taste worlds'" --Linda Bartoshuk
Fifth Lecture of the Nobel Conference 46 Making Food Good Conference -- Gustavus Adolphus College (5-6 October 2010) (archives are available online at <http://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2010/archive.php>)
- Why do onions make you cry? -- Cristen Conger, HowStuffWorks