- Aggarwal, Bharat B. and Debora Yost. Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease .Stirling, 2011.
- Caldicott, Chris and Carolyn. The Spice Route: Recipes and Lore. San Francisco, CA: SOMA, 2001.
- The Center for Genomic Gastronomy ["The Center for Genomic Gastronomy Is an artist-led think tank that examines the biotechnologies and biodiversity of human food systems"]
- Czarra, Fred. Spices: A Global History. London: Reaktion Books, 2009.
- Fish sauce used to date Pompeii destruction: Researchers analyzed the town's last batch of the pungent seasoning -- msnbc (29 September 2008)
- Gernot Katzer’s Spice Pages
- Hill, Tony. The Contemporary Encyclopedia of Herbs and Spices: Seasons for the Global Kitchen. NY: Wiley, 2004.
- Humans Relish Food Spiced with … Fungicide?
-- Peter N. Spotts, Christian Science Monitor (13 August 2008)
- Krondl, Michael. The Taste of Conquest: The Rise and Fall of the Three Great Cities of Spice. NY: Ballantine, 2007.
- Martindale's Nutrition Center Dairy, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Cereals, Fruit, Vegetalbes, Herbs etc.
- Milton, Giles. Nathaniel's Nutmeg: Or, the True and Incredible Adventures of the Spice Trader Who Change the Course of History. NY: Penguin, 2000.
- Nabhan, Gary Paul. Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2004.
- Norman, Jill. Herbs and Spices: The Cooks Reference. NY: DK Publishing, 2007.
- Panayi, Panikos. Spicing up Britain: The Multicultural History of British Food. London: Reaktion, 2010.
- The science of spiciness -- Rose Eveleth
- Sen, Colleen Taylor. Curry: A Global History. London: Reaktion, 2009.
- Sherman, P.W. and J. Billing. 1999. Darwinian gastronomy: Why we use spices. BioScience 49 (6): 453-463.
- Spices: Time Line -- Vigyan Prasar (VP)
- Toussaint-Samat, Maguelonne. A History of Food. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons/Blackwell 2009.
- "Variation in sensation and affect: We live in 'different taste worlds'" --Linda Bartoshuk
Fifth Lecture of the Nobel Conference 46 Making Food Good Conference -- Gustavus Adolphus College (5-6 October 2010) (archives are available online at <http://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2010/archive.php>)