- The final exam will be open-book. You may bring
a laptop, your texts, your class notes, a dictionary, a thesaurus,
the memos I have written to you, and any personal notes and drafts.
- The exam will likely include five parts (20%
+ 2% of your grade; 4% for each of five parts, plus up to 2% for
the vocabulary extra credit option:
- questions on "Explorations" or "Elaborations,"
a brief analytical essay
- questions on "Connections," a short comparative-contrast
- Writing Exercise: sentence
- a section on the writing process from the
The New St. Martin's Handbook, including grammar
and mechanics, and how to do bibliographical citations in APA
or MLA or CBE or Chicago-style formats
- a revising exercise
- for up to 2% extra credit:
a question on vocabulary (cf., "Word of
the Day" entries which follow, such as the one for "interview"
on Day 07).