- general information
- national anthem
- newspapers / newsnetworks specific to Scotland and its environs
- newspapers / newsnetworks of regional and European scope
- government/government resources
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
- The European
- European Union related WebSites
- eLook.org > European Recipes > Scotland
- Saveur: Savor a World of Authentic Cuisine > Scottish
- World Food Habits: Bibliography -- Robert Dirks
- Scotland -- Anthropology of Food-Food Science
- World Hearth Circle of International Cooking > Scottish
- Porridge with a drop of whisky - now that's comfort food -- Lady Claire Macdonald, MailOnline, Daily Mail (11 January 2010, pp. 32-33)
- Fenton, Alexander. Food of the Scots. Birlinn, 2007.
- Brown, Catherine. Broths to Bannocks: Cooking in Scotland 1690 to Present Day. Lonndon: John Murray, 1990. Waverley, 2010).
- FitzGibbon, Theodora. A Taste of Scotland. London: Pan Books, 1970. (Lindsay, New edition, 1995.)
- Hope, Annette. Caledonian Feast. Canongate Classic, 2002.
- the arts