|Search | People | Departments|
Please read the material found here carefully. Students planning to participate in the commencement ceremony should pay close attention to the dates on the checklists below. There will be no rehearsal for the commencement ceremony. Therefore, it is important that graduates pick up their name cards in the Sports and Health Center between 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Commencement Day.
All graduate students should make appointments at 129 Darland Administration Building the last three weeks of the semester in which you are graduating for the following loans:
Failure to have an Exit Interview violates Federal regulations governing some of the above listed programs and a hold will be placed on your records.
This checklist is for your reference. Please make sure you have completed all the steps outlined below.
1. Submit an approved Degree Program to the UMD Graduate Office (431 Darland Administration Building) by January 31, 2012.
2. Graduates must obtain the Application for Degree from the UMD Graduate Office. Please note that the Application for Degree for graduate students is NOT A DOWNLOADABLE FORM and is only available from the UMD Graduate Office.
3. March 1, 2012 is the deadline to submit both the Application for Degree and Commencement Attendance Questionnaire to the UMD Graduate Office; this deadline applies to all master's programs. Please complete the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire even if you do not plan to attend commencement.
4. Purchase cap, gown, hood and tassel in Lower Level UMD Stores. The deadline for online orders is April 13, 2012.
5. Register with Career Services, 22 Solon Campus Center
6. Clear obligations with Financial Collections Office.
The Director of Graduate Studies will determine whether or not a particular student should participate in the event and that degree clearance and conferral will occur after March 30, 2012.
Graduate students can only participate in one ceremony. If a student does not participate in the ceremony for which they are scheduled, the student will not be allowed to participate in any subsequent ceremony.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the UMD Graduate School office at
University of Minnesota Duluth
|Page Coordinator: Commencement Committee, email@example.com||UMD Home|