The University of Minnesota Duluth's Securian Learning Commons is a dedicated space on the second floor of the Library for integrated campus services that support student learning. Services provided include:
- Multimedia Hub
- The Multimedia Hub offers students, faculty and staff a friendly environment to edit videos, audio, photos, and websites. We can assist with captioning and formatting for YouTube. Stop by or call to find out what equipment is available to help you produce your own videos, for class or personal projects. For hours of operation consult the Hub's hours.
- Research and Learning
- Research librarians provide drop-in research assistance in their offices in the Learning Commons during office hours. They also offer in-depth research support through office consultations, which are available to both individuals and small groups. Make an appointment. Or, to chat online with a librarian, just Ask Us!
- Academic Writing and Learning Center
The Academic Writing and Learning Center (AWLC) provides academic courses and services designed to help all members of the campus community reach their academic and professional goals. AWCL encompasses three Learning Commons partners:
- Tutoring Center: The Tutoring Center offers free academic assistance to UMD students enrolled in a wide range of high-risk and high-demand courses, while providing an opportunity for high-achieving undergraduate students to learn and develop tutoring and leadership skills. For hours of operation consult the Tutoring Center's hours.
- Writers' Workshop: The Writers' Workshop provides free, one-to-one consultations for any member of the UMD campus community--student, faculty, or staff--seeking to become a better writer. For hours of operation consult the Writers' Workshop hours.
- Supportive Services Program: The Supportive Services Program (SSP) faculty members teach courses and engage in activities designed to promote UMD student leadership and academic success through peer-to-peer collaborative networks.
- Securian Math Learning Lab
- The Securian Math Learning Lab provides instruction and support to students in Math 103 and Math 1005. This includes group discussion meetings as well as many open hours for students in these classes to work on course materials individually, in groups, or with assistance from an instructor or teaching assistant.