Current Job Openings
UMD Med School - Student CS Employment
UMD Medical School
The UMD Medical School is looking for student help in converting and updating a neuroanatomy learning application from Flash to HTML. Work could begin either this summer or fall. If interested, contact Dr. Alan Johns at email@example.com.Author: cfordComments
App Data Room - SW Engr
Software Engineer - App Data Room - Mpls
App Data Room's engineering team thrives on solving today's business problems with amazing software. Join our growing team today. In a typical day, our developers build new product features, improve existing applications and fix problems identified by our global user base. From concept to testing to launch day and beyond, all of our engineers participate as active team players in order to meet deadlines and take our product to new levels. We find it amazingly fulfilling to be building a product our customers love, and we are looking for the next great programmer to add to the team
Skills & Requirements
* Four year degree in computer science or have equivalent work experience.
* At least one year of experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Laravel, Kohana, Zend).
* You deploy bulletproof code.
* You want to be proud of what you do at your job.
About App Data Room.
App Data Room builds sales apps for companies large and small to display presentations, videos and sales materials on tablets and mobile phones. Our app helps marketing departments manage materials and monitor their use and follow up activities. We work primarily with companies in medical device, construction and pharma industries. If you're interested in coming to work with a dedicated and talented group of developers and employees in a fast moving industry, this is your chance to help shape our growing business at an important stage. Is App Data Room the right company for you?
* You'll be at a rapidly growing startup company with an unrelenting focus on making the best product possible for our customers.
* You'll challenge your coding skills while working with great developers and use the latest technologies.
* Your contributions will be a valued part of our collective success. The best ideas win.
Android Developer Wanted - Superior, WI
Fasetto - Superior, WI
Fasetto, a Superior, WI, tech company is looking to hire a full time Android developer with strong experience in C# and ideally Xamarin. You can find more information about the company at their website, www.fasetto.com.
1401 Tower Ave
Superior, WI 54880Author: cfordComments
Tryon - Superior WI
TRYON Medai - Superior, WI
Local company Tryon Media is in need of a programmer/or a group of programmers that can work with them locally - internship, full time temp employment and potential for full time hire afterwards, depending on the outcome of the projects.
- HTML5, XML, Wordpress, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB
- Sphinx search engine towards MariaDB and MySQL, CSS/CSS(3)
- Plain HTML/HTML5 and XML coding for small jobs/pages
- in a photo database environment with attached web front end
- production of micro websites for events (Cannes Film Festival, Oscars, Golden Globes, New York Fashion Week)
- production of photo galleries that can be implemented via XML in third party websites, especially third party mobile sites/responsive sites
involving some or all of the above technologies
For both Wordpress and HTML and XML jobs there will be design guidelines by our art direction. The websites/projects will be 100% ready designed and the designs have to be 100% implemented in their respective environments.
This is more a coding job than a web design job. We believe that coding and design/art direction are separate jobs. However, a skillful "coder" that hasn't yet decided what route to follow - pure coding or pure art direction/graphic design - will be able to influence the projects and potentially be assisted by the job in decision making.
We provide a very young and result driven environment with most colleagues being millennials. The company is growing and currently employs 11 full time staffers (Duluth), two freelance fashion liaisons in Italy and Germany, and four interns (Duluth.)
The location for the internship is at Tryon Media's downtown offices on 306 West Superior Street, #1000 Alworth Building
The internship is paid according to Minnesota State's / DEED's suggested guidelines for internships - $12.69/hour.
The purpose of this internship/employment is to create a central computer engineering department as part of Tryon Media in Duluth, instead of outsourcing our coding projects (to other countries.)
Immediately or as soon as possible, guaranteed full time internship/employment for two months with the potential for a longer lasting internship (up to one year)/employment.
Compudyne Duluth, Systems Admin
Compudyne, Inc. - Duluth, MN
Systems Administrator, Full-Time Experienced
Be a part of something big. Compudyne is celebrating 25 years of supporting businesses, large and small, with IT resources that drive success. We're the region's leading provider of remote and on-site IT services, network consulting, hardware/software installation and high speed business internet services. Most importantly, we explore cutting-edge, secure solutions that help our clients become more efficient and more connected.
Find your niche.
As a Systems Administrator, you are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. In this dynamic role, you'll collaborate with exceptional people, participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This is a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment, so you'll need to be up for a challenge. Here's a taste of the variety you get working with Compudyne:
Engineering & Provisioning:
- Install/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches for system administration tasks.
- Deploy, monitor, audit, document and maintain the lifecycles of various products, services.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, and review system and application logs.
- Support various cloud products, technologies, and their associated components, including the following technologies: web filtering, hosted servers and exchange, anti-spam, secure mail, backup solutions and endpoint technologies.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Troubleshoot implementation and service issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Enhancing Customer Relations:
- Interpret and discuss information with others and regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Demonstrate professional attitude with client over the phone, on-site and through emails to resolve all client project requests/questions.
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines extremely competitive wages with an excellent bonus package that includes Medical, Dental, Group Life and Disability Insurance, 401K and PTO. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work. Just ask!
Going in, you need to have an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry. To stand out as a candidate, you'l have a strong understanding of the following:
-Virtualization Technologies: primarily Microsoft & VMWare technologies and their configurations.
-Storage Area Network with client connectivity via fiber channel or ISCSI technologies.
-Network Technologies such as TCP/IP, firewalls, SSL VPN appliances and IPSEC tunneling.
-Incredible customer service skills.
-Certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, VMWare VCP and/or Cisco CCNA.
-Strong desire for personal and professional development.
-Ability to identify and evaluate trends in industry best practice policies.
- Degree(s) Seeking or Attained (select all that apply): Associate, Bachelors
306 W. Michigan St. Suite 200, Duluth, MN 55802
Phone: 218-729-0920 ext. 205, Fax: 218-263-3626
Amazon - Seattle
Amazon - Seattle
This work involves massive scale software engineering to support infrastructure expansion of Amazon worldwide. The language of choice is mostly Python and the problems involve supply chain processes. There is also a need for a Unix / Developer systems engineer.Author: cfordComments
Internships at Valspar Corp
Below are links to opportunities posted at Valspar for both an IT Programmer Analyst internship and Network Analyst Internship. A UMD student had the network analyst internship last summer and is currently hired full time so it's a great opportunity.
Maverick Consulting - Multiple Openings
Maverick Software Consulting
Maverick Software Consulting puts students to work on projects with real companies. Students can work remotely during the school year, and possibly work on site during the summer.
UMD currently has a number of students working with Maverick, and more are needed. To apply, see:
United Health Mennetonka - JAVA Developer
United Health Group in Minnetonka, MN
Note that if you are not graduating this spring, you can still speak with them about their Training Program.
We are very open to hiring international students and filing for their work visa and green card.
About the Job
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a full time entry-level Java Developer. In this role, you will be accountable for delivering world-class solutions in support of our Public Sector clients. Developers typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position located in Minnetonka, MN.
* 1+ years of application development experience
* Proven success using and driving a repeatable, iterative software development methodology
* Bachelor's Degree
* CQ5 experience (Highly preferred)
* Scrum/Agile experience
* Experience with AJAX
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence business leadership and technologists
* Experience delivering web-based technology solutions to meet business needs
* Experience with REST, WSDL, SOAP, XML Schemas, JDBC
* Experience with HTML, WebSphere, Hibernate, JQuery
* Experience with offshore resources
* Knowledge of the healthcare industry
Luke J. Trepanier
Maritz Consulting Group, Inc.
6109 Blue Circle Drive, Suite 1000
Minnetonka, MN 55343Author: cfordComments
Medtronic Minneapolis, Multiple Openings
Medtronic - Minneapolis
Software Engineer Positions
Zhiren Lu, a 2014 UMD CS graduate, is currently working as a software engineer at Medtronic Inc. in the Minneapolis area. He reports that the company is now hiring CS graduates for full time software engineer positions.
If interested you can contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will put you in contact with the right people.Author: cfordComments
Spok Inc Tech Specialist - Home Based
Spok Inc. - Technical Implementation Specialist
Location - This individual can be located anywhere in the U.S. as this is a home-based position. Initial training and onboarding will take place out of our Eden Prairie, MN office.
Spok is seeking technology field students who have graduated or are graduating shortly for Software Implementation openings we have! The Technical Implementation Specialist will travel to customer sites approximately 70%+ of the time to install, setup, troubleshoot, and train customers on our unique enterprise software solutions. Non-travel days will be spent resolving issues from the previous site and preparing for the next site(s). This is a great opportunity for a recent college grad in a technical field or a seasoned technology professional with years of experience!
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve issues and problems discovered while installing Spok applications at a customer site, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Provide proactive resolutions to developing problems, and suggest modifications that may result in a permanent fix to a problem.
- Direct and perform follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers as primary contact during the implementation process.
- Follow installation standards, project plans, and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process.
- Evaluate and report on project outcomes, customer satisfaction, and customer concerns for follow up.
- Previous technical/software implementation experience preferred
- Understanding of new system implementation and installation processes
- Prior experience in computer terminology and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong customer service
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and maintain a pleasant manner in stressful situations
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude, quickly acquiring and applying skills and knowledge in a timely manner
- Proficiency with Linux or similar technology (i.e. UNIX)
- Oracle database
- VPN solutions
- CTI (Computer-telephone integration)
Multiple openings - Citon, Duluth
Citon - Duluth, MN