Academic and Career News
Professor Pete Willemsen in feature article of EM Magazine
MN Power Student Scholarship!
Congratulations Siva Gurram on Devense!
Congratulations Maneesha Vejendla on Denfense!
Your Future Computer Science Career...
If you are a typical graduate from UMD's Dept. of Computer Science, you will:
- Have the highest probability of getting a career job for any major (see STEM employment projections for 2018).There are more jobs than CIS and CS graduates (see job prospects graph).
- Have a starting salary between $46,000 and $56,000. (based on surveys of UMD graduates)
- Have one of the "best jobs" of any career (source)
- Be able to live anywhere you choose - most UMD CIS and CS graduates choose to stay in Minnesota
- CIS and CS Job Postings: (maintained by the CS Dept.)
- UMD Career Services: Schedules of on-campus recruiters and job fairs, as well as a Career Handbook for assistance in conducting a job search.
- CIS and CS Careers and Internships: A listing of opportunities for internships and employment, including a site for posting your resume. This site is maintained by the Department of Computer Science.
- Minneapolis Star Tribune Job Web: Positions advertised in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and general information about searching for a job.
- AfterCollege Career Network Listings
- ACM Career and Job Center: The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is the principal professional organization for computing professionals. They maintain a comprehensive website of job and career resources.
- Sample of Job Placement for Recent CIS and CS Grads
- Computer Science Internships (Dr. Colburn links)
- Local Company Websites (Dr. Colburn links)
- Regional Company Websites (Dr. Colburn links)