- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Failure to complete HIPAA training, mantoux testing, Hepatitis B series will result
in an INCOMPLETE grade for clinic practicum.
- HIPAA TRAINING:
- You must complete all HIPAA training before you are able to start therapy. No exceptions.
Your grade will be lowered if you delay your client's therapy due to HIPAA.
- MANTOUX and HEPATITIS B:
- You must submit current mantoux test results and documentation of start of
Hepatitis B series to clinic secretary before you are able to start therapy.
- 15–Assure that the Enrollment Information Form is updated and filed.
- 15 September –Meet with your client and/or family to discuss THEIR priorities for therapy goals.
Schedule in coordination with your Clinical Instructor
- 22–Hearing screening due ***Portfolio item
- 22–Client fee scholarships due
- 22–First draft of Semester Treatment Plan due to Clinical Instructor ***Portfolio item
- 29–Final draft of Semester Treatment Plan due ***Portfolio item
- 29–Staffing conference with client/care givers or priofessionals involved with the case
to discuss Treatment Plan. Schedule in coordination with your Clinical Instructor. Document on summary
of service sheet in chart. ***Portfolio item
- 29–Assure that current audiometric screening is completed on an annual basis, unless more
frequent monitoring is indicated.
- 6–Indicate evidence of literature research in your client's disorder area as specified by
your Clinical Instructor.
- 6 –Outside of clinic observation as needed. The earlier this is completed, the more beneficial
it will be. MUST have signed ROI to talk/observe at another agency.
- 13–Video and/or audiotape analysis. Discuss number and format with your Clinical Instructor.
- 20–Mid Semester summary of therapy.
- 1–First draft of Semester Treatment Report due to Clinical Instructor
- 1–Submit client assignment cards for each client to the black crate.
- 8–Final staffing conference, scheduled with Clinical Instructor. Document on summary of services
sheet in client chart.
- 14–Final typed copy of Semester Treatment Report.
- 14–Insert SOAP notes in client file behind report.
- 14–Assure that the client chart is organized and completed. Update the summary of service
- 14–Submit a paper printout of your computerized Student Clock Hours Report to the black crate.
Signed by Clinical Instructor.
- 14–Complete all information specifying the date therapy ended and number of sessions attended
for the semester on the Clinic Schedule in the black crate.
- 14–Return all materials to the CRC, or pay fines.
- 14–Give your client a Client Services Questionnaire.
- 14–Complete Clinical Instructor evaluation forms distributed by the Clinic Secretary in
the Friday Clinic Class.
- 15–Thoroughly Clean andn organize the clinic space assigned to you.
Last day of therapy is 14 December. 15is clinic clean up day. You MUST be present at clinic clean up or you will receive and incomplete grade.
TIMELY COMPLETION OF THESE ITEMS IS PART OF YOUR FINAL CLINIC GRADE.
Show up. Do a good job. Have fun. Learn