You are here

Employee Assistance Program

Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential professional consultation and referral services to address any personal or work concern that may be affecting your wellbeing. The program is available to all University of Minnesota benefits eligible employees. Professional consultation can be by phone, or in person (on-campus and off campus locations).

UPlan eligible employees and their immediate family members can request up to 8 sessions free of charge

Confidential consultation is provided in areas that include:

  • Work productivity
  • Work relationships
  • Conflict resolution
  • Threat assessment
  • Mental health
  • Alcohol/substance abuse
  • Family/relationships
  • Adjustment to loss/change
  • Coping with stress

EAP also provides consultation for administrators, supervisors, union representatives, or anyone in a leadership position.

Consultation areas include:

  • Managing the people-side of change
  • Performance issues
  • Conduct issues
  • Work climate
  • Threat assessment

Scheduling an appointment

Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week for counseling or crisis services. Counseling and consultation services are available via telephone or in-person with a professional counselor. Appointments can be scheduled with counselors at a location convenient for you. This now includes the Employee Health & Wellness Center (Kirby Plaza 247) where Katherine H. Speare, Ph.D, Licensed Psychologist, will be available for appointments on Thursdays

Contact Information

The Sand Creek Group, Ltd.


“Anyone eligible to participated in the University of MN’s EAP Program must be:

An employee who is UPlan benefits eligible, or a spouse/dependent of a UPlan benefits eligible employee.  This means the employee must work at least 50% time in an appointment that is 3 months or longer.  This definition excludes Medical Residents and Graduate Assistants.  Former employees and retirees of the University are also excluded, regardless of whether or not they are enrolled in the UPlan or another University sponsored medical plan.”