How to Use Test Accommodations
- Students meet with a Disability Specialist at the beginning of each term to create a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) and get Test Accommodation Forms.
- Print a copy of the LOA for each professor.
- Meet with each professor taking your LOA and Test Accommodation Form. Discuss your accommodations and have your professor sign your Test Accommodation Form. Do not leave your form with the instructor.
- Bring your completed Test Accommodation Form to our office located at 258 Kirby Student Center at least 3 working days before the first exam in that class. Late requests for accommodated exams cannot be guaranteed.
- On test day, go directly to the Disability Resources office to take your exam.
- Note: If a professor and student make arrangements for accommodated testing in the department/classroom, it's not necessary for the student to return the Test Accommodations Form to our office.
Test Changes or Cancellations
- Students must make all changes at least one 1 working day before the exam date.
- Paper copies of the Test Change Request form are available at our office.
- Changes or cancellations can also be made online using the Test Change Request.
- All students are expected to abide by the academic integrity section of UMD's conduct code which is total honesty and integrity.
- No cell phones, backpacks, watches, i-Pods, etc. will be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Rooms are checked randomly.