How to Use Test Accommodations
- Students meet with a Disability Specialist at the beginning of each term to create a Letter of Accommodation (LOA) and get Test Accommodation Forms.
- We then email a copy of the LOA to each assigned faculty member.
- Meet with each professor taking your Test Accommodation Form. Discuss your accommodations and have your professor sign your Test Accommodation Form. Do not leave your form with the instructor.
- Bring your completed Test Accommodation Form to our office located at 258 Kirby Student Center at least 3 working days before the first exam in that class. Late requests for accommodated exams cannot be guaranteed.
- On test day, go directly to the Disability Resources office to take your exam.
- Note: If a professor and student make arrangements for accommodated testing in the department/classroom, it's not necessary for the student to return the Test Accommodations Form to our office.
Test Changes or Cancellations
- Students must make all changes at least one 1 working day before the exam date.
- Paper copies of the Test Change Request form are available at our office.
- Changes or cancellations can also be made online using the Test Change Request.
- All students are expected to abide by the academic integrity section of UMD's conduct code which is total honesty and integrity.
- No cell phones, backpacks, watches, i-Pods, etc. will be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Rooms are checked randomly.