University of Minnesota Duluth
myUMD | Search | People | Departments | Events | News

 Education Department Logo Department of Education Ed.D. Program

Education Roof

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What should I submit for work samples with my application?

A: Master's thesis, journal articles, published material, grants, curriculum, or project documentation

Q: How do I register for classes at the Twin Cities Campus?

A: Follow these steps -

  1. Complete and return the application. It is recommended that you do this at least a month prior to the start of classes for the term you are interested in.
  2. Have your Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) sign and approve making sure the classes you plan to take will apply toward your degree.
  3. Your record will be adjusted to allow registration on the campus you have designated for one term. An E-mail will be sent to you letting you know when the process has been completed.
  4. You will be assigned a queue time for the campus you will be visiting.
  5. Register yourself via the registration webpage on that campus.
  6. You will receive a bill from each campus for tuition and fees. If you are assessed duplicate fees (i.e., Student Service Fee), please contact the campus you do NOT want to pay the fee at and ask that it be reversed.
  7. If you are receiving financial aid, your aid will be paid at your home campus for the total number of credits you are registered for. Students need to be sure they use this aid to pay tuition and fees at BOTH campuses. NOTE: Independent and Distance Learning (IDL) courses do not meet financial aid criteria and do not count as credits toward financial aid requirements.
  8. To drop/add or change grading option, you will need to adhere to the deadlines published for your home campus and the campus you are visiting. To process any changes after the deadlines you will need to petition to your UMD collegiate unit.
  9. Your transcript will reflect your UMD college and major along with a combined listing of courses from both UMD and the campus that you are visiting.

Q: I have a hold on my record, what do I do?

A: Contact Karen Mehle (e-mail:; phone: 218-726-6525) and ask her to look up your hold record. Karen will not be able to remove your hold, but can direct you to who to contact and what to do.

© 2014 University of Minnesota Duluth
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on 04/29/13 02:25 PM
University of Minnesota Campuses
Crookston | Duluth | Morris
Rochester | Twin Cities | Other Locations