Department of Electrical Engineering
271 Marshall W. Alworth Hall
1023 University Dr.
University of Minnesota Duluth
Duluth, MN 55812
Phone: (218) 726-6147
Fax: (218) 726-7267
1. Students should complete these courses in the EE program before applying to the upper division (junior and senior years) program. Admission is competitive and on a space-available basis. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for admission to the upper division program.
EE Lower Division Courses (10)
- EE 1001 - Introduction to Electrical Engineering (2)
- EE 1315 - Digital Logic (4)
- EE 2006 - Electrical Circuit Analysis
Required Courses from other programs (Six out of the eight non-EE courses)
- Chem 1153/1154 - General Chemistry I (5)
- CS 1511 - Computer Science 1 (5)
- Math 1296 - Calculus I (5)
- Math 1297 - Calculus II (5)
- Math 3280 - Differential Equations with Linear Algebra (4)
- Phys 2013/2014 - General Physics I (5)
- Phys 2015/2016 - General Physics II (5)
- WRIT 1120 - College Writing (3)
2. Students who have completed the above courses should apply to the upper division of EE. Application forms are available in the EE Department Office, 271 MWAH. Fill out the form and sign it, and leave it with the department secretary.
3. When students are accepted, they receive an email from the department informing them of this. If students are not accepted, they receive a letter (or email) from the department head indicating what they need to do in order to be accepted into the upper division. GPA for acceptance into the upper division of ECE is 2.0 (you must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in order to stay in the program and to graduate).
For additional information, visit the EE Department Office, 271 MWAH.