Department of Electrical Engineering
271 Marshall W. Alworth Hall
1023 University Dr.
University of Minnesota Duluth
Duluth, MN 55812
Phone: (218) 726-6147
Fax: (218) 726-7267
- M. Webb, H. Tang, “System-level Simulation for Continuous-Time Delta-Sigma Modulator in MATLAB SIMULINK”, 5th WSEAS International Conference on CIRCUITS, SYSTEMS, ELECTRONICS, CONTROL & SIGNAL PROCESSING (CSECS '06) , Dallas, TX, Nov 1-3rd, 2006.
- M. I. Hayee and Rami Haddad, "Enhancing spectral efficiency of binary NRZ optical networks with electronic signal processing", Journal of Optical Networking, Vol. 5, Issue 9, pp. 655-661, Sept. 2006.
- Paul J. Weber, Dynamic Reduction Algorithms for Fault Tolerant Convergent Voting with Hybrid Faults, Dissertation, Michigan Technological University, May 2006.
- Rami Haddad and M. I. Hayee, "Spectral Efficiency of up to 1.6 bit/sec/Hz in Binary NRZ WDM Systems using Electronic Signal Processing", in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics 2006, Long Beach California, May 21 - 26.
- M. I. Hayee and Qun Zhang, "40Gbits/s Metropolitan Networks using Power Unbalanced Polarization Division Multiplexing", OSA Journal of Optical Networking, vol. 5, no. 5, May 2006.
- Y. Wei, H. Tang, A. Doboli, "Systematic Methodology for Designing Reconfigurable Delta Sigma Modulator Topologies for Multimode Communication Systems", Proc. of IEEE Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE'06), Messe Munich, Germany, March 6-10th, 2006.
- Paul J. Weber, Lilia C. Robles Felix, Ramsundar A. Jayaraman, Seungjin Park, A Balanced Underlying MAC Protocol (BUMP) for Wireless Ad-hoc Network, 4th IASTED Intl. Conf. on Communications, Internet, and Information Technology (CIIT ’05), Cambridge, MA, Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2005.
- H. Tang, H. Zhang, A. Doboli, "Layout Aware Analog Synthesis based on Multi-level Optimization, Performance Model Approximation, and Solution Space Pruning", Proc. of SINTES12 (International Symposium on System Theory, Automation, Robotics, Computers, Electronics, and Instrumentation), Craiova, Romania, Oct 20-22nd, 2005.
- Qun Zhang, and M. I. Hayee, "An SSF Scheme to Achieve Comparable Global Simulation Accuracy in WDM Systems", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 17, no. 9, Sep. 2005.
- Q. Zhang, L. Xing, M. Cheng, M. I. Hayee, "Achieving Comparable Global Accuracy in the Split-Step Fourier Simulation of Optical Fiber Communication Channel", 2005 Digest of the IEEE/LEOS Summer Topical Meetings, IEEE/LEOS Summer Topical Meetings 2005, 25 - 27 July 2005, San Diego, CA.
- M. I. Hayee, and Rami Haddad, "Chirped RZ-DPSK Modulation Format in 40Gb/s WDM Transmission Systems", in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics 2005, Balitimore, Maryland, May 22-27.
- J.-S. Yang, "A Model-Free Approach to Special Events Traffic Signal Timing Control," Control and Intelligent Systems, ACTA Press, 2007 (to appear)
- J.-S. Yang, "Application of the Kalman Filter to the Arterial Travel Time Prediction - A Special Event Case Study," Control and Intelligent Systems, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 79-85, 2007.
- J.-S. Yang, "PID Control for a Binary Distillation Column Using a Genetic Searching Algorithm," WSEAS Transactions on Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 720-726, 2006.
- J.-S. Yang, "Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average Modeling for Short-Term Arterial Travel Time Prediction," WSEAS Transactions on Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 751-759, 2006.
- K. Yang and J.-S. Yang, "Newspaper Circulation Volume Modeling and Prediction via Time Series Analysis: A Case Study," Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Methods, WORLDCOMP'07, pp. 11-17, Las Vegas, NY, June 25-28, 2007.
- S. W. Rud, N. St. Jacque, A. D. Vant, and J.-S. Yang, "Non-Invasive Infrasound Heart Murmur Detection with a Support Vector Machine Classification Approach," Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 3503-3508, Taipei, Taiwan, October 9-11, 2006.
- D. Billing and J.-S. Yang, "Application of the ARIMA Models to Urban Roadway Travel Time Prediction - A Case Study," Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 2529-2534, Taipei, Taiwan, October 9-11, 2006.
- Hayee; M. Imran, "Electronic RZ/CSRZ signal generation for optical communication systems", patent no. 6,980,746, issued on December 27, 2005.
- Feinberg; Lee Daniel, Pedersen; Bo, Esman; Ronald, Hagopian; John, Mahon; Cathal, Miller; Brent Ashley, Hayee; M. Imran, Johnson; Ronald E., Ramanujam; Nandakumar, "Split redundant trunk architecture using passive splitters and path switching", patent no. 6,934,469, issued on August 23, 2005.
- Dennis; Michael L., Hayee; M. Imran, Mahon; Cathal, Pedersen; Bo, Ramanujam; Nandakumar, Shieh; William, "Method and system for dispersion maps and enhanced distributed gain effect in long haul telecommunications using distributed and remotely pumped erbium-based amplification" patent no. 6,850,677, issued on Feb. 1, 2005.