Faculty Page: Plan B
The Professional Portfolio Example of an Alternative Plan B
The Graduate Committee, in consultation with the supervising faculty member, will review proposals for these projects on a case-by-case basis and indicate what kind of introduction, or equivalent apparatus, is appropriate.
The student prepares a portfolio on a single, coherent topic approved by the supervising faculty member and the graduate committee that contains the following projects (6800-9300 words).
- a book review (1500 words)
- a note or response article (3000-4500 words)
- a proposal for a conference paper (300 words)
- notes or manuscript to accompany the conference paper (2000-3000 words)
- visual aids to accompany the conference paper (e.g. handouts, slides, overheads, etc.)
The student is required to submit items 1 and 2 to appropriate professional journals and item 3 to an appropriate professional conference.